Friday, January 16, 2015

Rebirth

Tonight I am reflecting on the past year. It was another rough one in many ways, but it was one of rebirth. I learned some hard lessons but grew up (just a little) in the process. I feel like I'm leaving this year better than I found it. I can say that this year I have grown in love, wisdom, and understanding.

I'm figuring out that my life is shaping up to be nothing like what I thought it would be, and this year I came a little closer to being ok with that. I stopped putting my life on hold, waiting for something to happen and just began to make my own life for myself. I stopped sitting around waiting for it to happen and took steps towards getting it. As a result, I actually feel like my life is more full of true love than ever. It just hasn't come in the form I expected.It wasn't a man per se, but this year I experienced amazing love from friends and found a boss who believes in me.

I feel like for the first time in a long time I have put a weight I have carrying down. I put down the weight of trying to be something and someone I am not. By putting down the weight of trying to get everyone to accept me, I could finally accept myself. I realize that I have been trying to attract people with my looks, and the truth is, the right people will love me regardless. Part of that weight is realizing that the right thing is not always the easy thing. I've learned to walk away from people who don't add value to my life. Those people will never be more than a burden, and I have enough of those. But like the Ed Sheeran song says, "maybe we (me) found love right where we are."  To me this year it means that I found love right in front of me through my friends, family, and most importantly, myself.

This year I tapped in to my inner child, my inner goddess, my inner warrior, my inner lover.

I can honestly say that I'm looking forward to this next year. Not because this last one was so bad but because I am excited for what is on the horizon. I know that whatever it is, I'm determined to do it with a style and flair and beauty all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment