Monday, June 11, 2012

Instant Messenger Boy

I was hanging out with my brother the other night when I got an IM from a guy on a popular dating site I frequent. Im's are definitely not my thing, but who can resist the lure of a flirty conversation over the internet with a complete stranger? (sarcasm) 

So I opened the IM. "You’re profile intruiged me. You look like more fun than a bar of soap with a hole in it.” 

I feel as though I could end the whole post right here, and you'd get the point. But recently, I've discovered that my problem with dating is that I give men too many chances. So, I passed along my brother's response: "That's disgusting." The guy was completely confused as to why I wasn't flattered. He apologized and said he had never met a girl who didn't think that was funny :/

In my forgiving manner, I told him I would give him a pass because, afterall, we've all been there, right? At this moment, he was at a fork in the road. Change the subject or keep going? He proceeded to say "It's really a joke for the whole family. That is, if you get what holes are for."

Aaaannnndddd this is why I'm single.

No comments:

Post a Comment